I rarely get them anymore but when I do, well I freak out. Fortunately I've come up with a 3-step solution that keeps me from making it worse, and sometimes even makes it go away.

1. Electrocute

Technically it just "oxygenates" and kills bacteria, but it feels like touching one of those static electricity balls at the exploratorium. Works incredibly well if you catch them early enough.

Portable High Frequency Machine ($28)

2. Mask

Anything with sulfur, which is my healing agent of choice. Some favorites:

Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Mask ($40) | Murad Clarifying Mask $38 (FYI this one is so popular it's SOLD OUT on Sephora.com)

3. Put on a sticker and leave it alone

It's so hard not to touch that throbbing, swollen mess on your face. This keeps my dirty fingers away while also delivering a dose of Saly' Acid.

Acne Clear Invisible Dots | Anti-Trouble Blemish Patch  (both $12 for 24)